Marketing Placement Student at Experian

Nottingham East Midlands
Marketing

6.3/10

7.3

I enjoyed my placement year. I got opportunities to work in different areas. I really enjoyed the responsibility I got from my line manager - I felt like part of the team as I was given my own projects. I worked in a diverse team and was able to pick projects which appealed to me.

I really fit in with the team, I was given my own tasks and projects which I could own on my own. I got support from my manager and the wider team around me which made me feel really comfortable and part of the team, I did feel like I was a contributing member.

In my time I had two managers as my original manager was covering for someones maternity leave, when she left the business I was given a new manager - both of them were really supportive. We have weekly 1-1 sessions for an hour where you can discuss successes and struggles with your line manager.

I have always been kept busy. I have been proactive in seeking tasks which I have wanted to do. I have lead my own projects - which has meant I was constantly busy. I have also supported other members of the team on theirs, which has kept me busy aswell.

I feel I was given a good level of responsibly, whilst also having a line manager who would support me when there were issues. I feel I have built up a good reputation and now I can be given more difficult and important tasks and I am now responsible for them.

I really feel I have developed so much in my placement year. It takes you so long to settle in, for me it was around 4-5 months. So I found it really beneficial to do a longer placement, as you get so much more out of it as you get more time to settle in.

The office is friendly - I always felt welcome. We have flexible working which can be really useful if you need to use it and your manager is okay with it. My team has changed since I started a lot but it was always been really friendly, so has the wider team too.

The placements are recruited by HR and then put into teams. For me this is difficult to comment as we have been through a department wide restructure which has meant i;ve had dotted lines to many people in different teams and there are many people who are unsure of their responsibilities.

At the start they really invested - I had constant training. The towards the end this seemed to slow down, I was trained up on certain things but then it seemed to stop. I felt this was a real shame as I wanted to continue learning, but I felt I had reached my peak for a placement.

Experian are a very good company to work for within Nottingham, I would like to return once I have completed my placement - but I would like to work in a different area of the businesses as I feel I have grown as much as I can in the area i'm in now.

Our early careers manager would set up placement lunches were placements across the country would come to visit us at our office or we would go to theirs. I have made really good freindships whilst on placement, both with my team and my fellow placements. I have also had another placement in my team.