1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement, i learned so much about the industry and about my own abilities in the process. the skills i have gained are invaluable and i hope to continue to grow as a result of my year at L'Oreal.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
From the moment i started my placement i was treated as a valued member of the team with my opinions and concerns being listened to despite being the most junior member of my team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given guidance throughout the duration of my placement and my manager helped me to prioritise and deal with work-based stress. however i have to say that the workload is disproportionately high compared to internships/ jobs at other companies meaning that often my team didnt have the time/ resources to always support me.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
from the moment i started my placement i have been busy- i have been expected to work until late at night and on weekends as there are so many deadlines to meet. on a daily absis i am inundated with emails and have to attend an extremely high amount of meetings meaning that often i cannot get my work done.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
the level of responsibility i have had for the duration of my placement has been extremely high and i have been involved in business critical decision making.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
i learned invaluable skills from project management to communication skills that will equip me in my future career and completing my degree that i would not have achieved if i had not completed this placement.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
the general atmosphere is positive and friendly however there is undoubtedly an underlying level of stress.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
the overall work placement was well organised from the moment i entered the role. There are constant trainings for interns and line managers, however i do feel that there should be more catchups with HR to gain feedback from other members of the team.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
L'Oreal invest an incredible amount of time and money into interns in terms of training and trust. we are made to feel like essential members of the business.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
i would absolutely love to come back to L'Oreal, i feel that the busniess gives an invaluable insight into so many aspects of busniess and is incredible for perosnal and professional development
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There is an amazing social scene as there are loads of events put on by the business and by teams, i socialise with work colleagues at least once per week.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Being in central London means that the cost of living is high, i have had to save and be mindful of the money that i am spending.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
the nightlife around the office is great there are so many bars and restaurants as well as so many places a short tube ride away eg Fulham, Putney and South Kensington.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are so many opportunities to enhance your social life here, there are plenty of sports and social clubs which helps to build relationships outside of work.