1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
This Year was an amazing learning curve, I have not only grew as a corporate employee but also I have grown as a person.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
This depends on the colleague, some colleagues made me feel like an equal however some asked me to do work that was out of my grade which is fine but treated me still just as a intern, didn't value my ideas
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Due to my particular situation I have had many changes in managers, when I started I was very supported it felt more like I was learning directly however when my first manager left I had guidance through my own experience and tips here and there however overall I had good help.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It varied tremendously, I faced times where I was working 9-10PM and on Sundays and times where I could go home at 4PM if I wanted as there was not much work, this varied more external employees than the corporate
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I have been blessed with very big responsibilities which helped me tremendously
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It will help me more with precision, thinking and processing
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was an amazing atmosphere I had an incredible team, very warm, felt more coming in to work with friends than managers however the company has a very gossip culture, if I heard them speaking about other colleagues to me they probably been speaking about me behind my back
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well sett up, Desk, portable computer, all the pens and pads that I needed
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They gave me the keys to develop any skill I wanted, it was up to me to decide if I wanted to partake in them
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
It varies, for some they would breath for the company, however the company lacks of people that are high up in the corporate ladder that is from the grad scheme, most people are from external companies
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
It started off well, however the placement students did not hang a lot with other placement students, it was on occasion but when we saw each other it was loads of fun
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Very expensive! Even going to cheap venues with Interns such as Weatherspoons etc living at a reasonable distance to the office is expensive due to the location and the food at the cafe is very expensive for a corporate food court
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It was okay, not much to do but the pubs are nice, the good thing about London travel is easy
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?