1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The variety, the team, the experiences and the responsibility all combined to create a highly enjoyable placement experience.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Our team was so respectful and welcoming throughout my time in the company. I felt that my suggestions were valued by all, even quite senior colleagues such as the GM!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Although there wasn't a trade marketing manager at the start of my placement, my temporary manager was very helpful in giving my guidance as was the new trade marketing manager when she came in.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Whilst the workload fluctuated, there was always a very good balance. My colleagues were always happy to let me work on projects with them if I had some spare time and made sure I didn't overwork!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Particularly when there wasn't a trade marketing manager, I had a lot of responsibility, creating materials for the sales force to use in the field. This ranged from leave behinds to product catalogues.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
L'Oreal has a very good set-up when it comes to learning and development. At times it was hard to get on courses as they quickly became overbooked but the ones that I did go to were very helpful.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
A jovial atmosphere, we had quite a lot of social outings such as bowling and drinks after work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
As one might imagine for a large company such as this, L'Oreal is very organised when it comes to placements. They have a structured recruitment process and keep you well-informed throughout the placement about next steps.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A lot, it's a great place to learn new skills
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very, they give you the option of a Graduate Scheme and a Talent Track
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, there is a committee and there are frequent socials
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
For me, this was the downside about the placement. The area is very expensive!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Whilst I personally didn't engage with the nightlife too much, the reaction seems to be quite positive
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?