Trade Marketing Intern at L'Oreal

Hammersmith Central London and City
Marketing

L'Oreal is a Top Employer

8.7/10

The variety, the team, the experiences and the responsibility all combined to create a highly enjoyable placement experience.

Our team was so respectful and welcoming throughout my time in the company. I felt that my suggestions were valued by all, even quite senior colleagues such as the GM!

Although there wasn't a trade marketing manager at the start of my placement, my temporary manager was very helpful in giving my guidance as was the new trade marketing manager when she came in.

Whilst the workload fluctuated, there was always a very good balance. My colleagues were always happy to let me work on projects with them if I had some spare time and made sure I didn't overwork!

Particularly when there wasn't a trade marketing manager, I had a lot of responsibility, creating materials for the sales force to use in the field. This ranged from leave behinds to product catalogues.

L'Oreal has a very good set-up when it comes to learning and development. At times it was hard to get on courses as they quickly became overbooked but the ones that I did go to were very helpful.

A jovial atmosphere, we had quite a lot of social outings such as bowling and drinks after work.

As one might imagine for a large company such as this, L'Oreal is very organised when it comes to placements. They have a structured recruitment process and keep you well-informed throughout the placement about next steps.

A lot, it's a great place to learn new skills

Very, they give you the option of a Graduate Scheme and a Talent Track

Yes, there is a committee and there are frequent socials

For me, this was the downside about the placement. The area is very expensive!

Whilst I personally didn't engage with the nightlife too much, the reaction seems to be quite positive