1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my time with RMP Enterprise, I was able to take on a lot of responsibility and work on a variety of different projects. The team were brilliant, everyone was really approachable and always willing to help me learn a new skill. Over the year I learn't so much!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I always felt extremely valued by everyone in the company even the directors! I was never felt like just a placement student, my opinion was always listened to/asked for and I always felt comfortable contributing to meetings or suggesting new ideas to my manager or directors. On the whole, I felt comfortable with everyone in the company.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was great with me all year! Whenever I needed something explaining to run something by them they were always happy to sit down and talk things through with me. My manager was also great when it came to sorting out any training I needed or helping me to find new projects.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There was always something to be getting on with. The amount to work varied depending on the time of the year, for example for the first few months I was working on the company's largest offline marketing projects which meant I had a few busy days, but it was worth it to see everything come together! Overall I never felt like I either didn't have enough to do or like I had too much to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
So much! I was given real responsibility from day 1 which was great as that's exactly what I wanted to get out of my placement year. I was involved with writing content for the website, running social media campaigns, writing email marketing campaigns that would be sent out to thousands of people and I was even involved in hiring my replacement.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I was able to develop so many skills while on placement. Not just soft skills like time management and self-confidence but also more specific skills. I wanted to focus on improving my digital marketing skills while on placement and I was able to do just that thanks to the help and support made available to me by the company!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere in the office was decent especially after we had moved offices to the new location. Everyone got on really well and the free breakfasts were definitely a bonus! On top of this we had loads of socials throughout the year which were always good fun and a great way to mix with people from other departments!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I feel that my placement was organised well, I never felt like I didn't have anything to do or that I was given a task because nobody else wanted to do it. There was always an important project that I could work on and due to the nature of the company, if there was something I wanted to do I could talk to my manager about it and move my workload around to accommodate it.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company provided me with plenty of support and opportunities for training while I was working with RMP. If I wanted training in a particular skill all I had to do was speak to my manager about it and she would try sort something out. While I was on placement with RMP I received training for digital and social media marketing, project management and presenting.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I was the only placement student although at various points in the year there were other interns of a similar age working for the company.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Lived at home but the commute was very expensive and long. Also being in London the average price of a pint was pretty rough.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Great, there's always somewhere to go in London!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were a few throughout the year from volunteering opportunities with local charities to football matches against other companies.