1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
There was a lot of hard work involved during the placement, but there were rarely days where I felt bogged down or unenthused by the work. I was given real responsibility and my views on projects were taken into account and had an impact on how some of the projects worked.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone was very welcoming and as it was a team of say 20 when I started, it was easy to get settled in. It never felt like I was a placement student, but a full time member of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I worked very closely with my manager on a variety of projects and as such there was constant support available. As well as this, the rest of the team across all departments were always available for questions and willing to give me help with anything.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
During the peak periods I was extremely busy, sometimes having to stay quite late, however I wouldn't have had it any other way as I would have hated to not have much to do. It also felt like a great achievement when we got to the end of the peak period and looked at how much we had produced and achieved in that time.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I couldn't have asked for more responsibility, I was an important part on a number of projects and never felt like I was being given pointless tasks or things to keep me busy
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
RMP helped me develop a strong work ethic and since completing my placement I have graduated with a first class degree, without doing this placement I do not believe I would have achieved this
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Really positive atmosphere with a work hard, play hard philosophy, never a dull day.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
As my manager started only a couple of days before, the beginning couple of months were slightly unorganised, but once we had both settled in the structure came through.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were training sessions conducted by an external professional which I was included in and there was plenty of on the job training in terms of technical skills as well. There were opportunities available to learn from people across the team as well.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have a graduate job with RMP!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was only 4 of us on placement, so it was more a social scene with the whole RMP team. Drinks every Friday at half 4 were a personal highlight and there was always people going for drinks on the Friday evening as well.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Standard London prices, although we always tried to make it to happy hour, so wasn't all bad!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Vauxhall wasn't the best area for nights out, but made the most of the pubs that were available
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were plenty of socials and out of work drinks to go to...pretty much anything alcohol related.