Marketing assistant at Volkswagen Group UK

Milton keynes East Midlands
Marketing

8.8/10

8.6

Digital marketing and events and internal communications assistant

Not only do you get given great opportunities in you own role, you are also challenged with other projects to give you experience in the wider business.

There is deffinately a great culture across the business. Everyone is happy to help and support undergraduates especially.

I had incredible support from my line manager. They really met with me to make sure I was getting everything I wanted out of my placement. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

My workload varied day to day. I was always busy but rarely too busy.

Depending on the project I was given varying degrees of responsibility. However, I was given the experience to lead teams when I felt comfortable in doing so.

Having just started back at uni I'm already so much more focused and have a much better work ethic than before my placement.

Strong sense of community in the office.

Projects and training throughout gave all undergraduates the opportunity to gain new skills.

As previously stated there are lots of training opportunities. You can do as much or as little as you want but the opportunity is there should you want it.

Great graduate scheme but not many positions and highly competitive.

Great social opportunities with both my teams and the other undergraduates.

Pretty standard. Not very expensive but drinks on a night out aren't the cheapest.

Plenty of bars but not many clubs.

As there were so many undergraduates it is almost like being at university apart from you aren't poor. Among ourselves we organised lots of social events.