1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The year was full of challenges and opportunities to get involved and develop my own skills and gain new ones.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Each role is essential to the team. Mine was in reporting where I supplied reports to many tram members which they used for their own meetings and work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Lots of support and guidance is given. However some managers have an unrealistic expectation of workloads. Where possible managers will help in any way they can.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There is always something to do, get involved with, and make positive changes within the business. If you find yourself having spare time then ask to get involved. It’s only going to benefit you and your development further.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Your tasks are your responsibility. No one has time to pick up the slack so you need to understand what you’re doing and meet the deadlines required. Extra responsibility can be taken on.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
One of the best companies for providing training. VW really invest in your training. You can request access to additional training to meet your own personal objectives also.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Within Skoda the atmosphere is great. You can ask for help from anyone and they will make time for you. Lots of office events to build relationships and your role will more often than not see you interact with more than just your immediate team.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
One of the best. Very organised. Well practiced way of doing things. Structured to help develop your skills.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Considering the amount of undergrads, VW really invest in you as potential future leaders for the company. They’re looking to bring out the best in the individual.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very! Great graduate scheme. Great opportunity to work your way up and have amazing experiences.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Milton Keynes does not have a thriving social life/ bar scene. You can socialise at pubs or at lunchtime if you so wish with your fellow students
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Living is pretty expensive. Socialising is as well as you need to go into London really if you want to do anything exciting.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?