To project manage and look after time lines of any innovation or renovation projects
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enojoyed the year for several reasons not just including the work I was doing and my main responsibilities.
I feel I enjoyed becoming part of the team and adopting the over all company ethos that we have at Danone.
I also liked how my responsibilities increased throughout the year.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt valued by my colleagues and included in the team a lot during my time at Danone.
It really felt like no issue was too small and even though some of what I was working on would not be considered “big stuff” it was still paid with equal amounts of attention to by my colleagues, helping me to feel valued.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I felt very guided and supported through the year, however at times I felt slightly in the dark as I didn’t know what questions to be asking, especially because everything was new for me.
In the beginning I was slightly unsure of my role purpose and responsibility.
Howeve, with day to day runnings I had no hesitations or problems asking for questions.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My business really varied through periods of high workload to periods of not so much
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I feel I was given a good amount of responsibility, and that this was ensured by my manager that it was a gradual build up to make sure I was completely comfortable and capable of my workload. However I do feel I could have possibly taken on more sooner.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
- time management
- workload management
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in h office was very friendly and not intimidating
It was relaxed and felt like people were getting in with work with no real pressure to not speak and get your head down, as if we are trusted to do our work. Was nice!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised. I was in good contact with HR prior to my first day and my assessment centre and was greeted by my lien manager on arrival.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
All my colleagues were very happy to help me with any small tasks I needed help on.
I was well inducted to start with and I was sent to our Paris offices for a two day training course on someh in my manager wanted me to champion. All in all very impressed!
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing. I am really impressed with the company and loved working there.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yeah! Everyone was so nice, we were introduced early on in a Facebook group and we all got on super well
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Expensive because it was London but very fun :)
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Great. I loved working in london
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes. We had lots of after work staff social things on and we also had company conferences as well as staff parties, not to mention the work we had to do for charity per department, which gets the team out the office for the day.