1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was the best experience i could've hoped for. The amount of responsibility I had in my team felt like I was an actual employee rather than an Intern.
I would recommend anybody to apply for a role at Warner Bros. the amount of skills I have gained both work and personal will be incredibly useful for applying for future roles.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
It was like a family, they became more like friends. We worked very well as a team because we all respected each other. We ensured no-one was left behind in the office so we all stuck in to ensure we all left on time.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was very lucky with my manager, nothing was too silly to ask and they would always assist me when I got stuck. They were very understanding as they went to Uni too so understood your skills in a workplace will be limited. They allow a lot of freedom to suggest your ideas and welcome any suggestions.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My job was very busy and stressful at times, you have to work very hard but it pays off. The amount of extra skills I gained for the work I took on are invaluable. With this placement, don't assume you are not going to be doing a lot of work as you will need to have a good work ethic to be able to handle the workload.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was surprised with the amount of responsibility I had. I was in charge of my own projects and people relied on me for pieces of work and things to be done. I was grateful for this as it allowed me to grow and become more confident in my own decisions.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I am so grateful for every opportunity I gained from Warners. I now have several transferable skills I can look to use in other businesses or industries. Not only this, it has given me insight into my dissertation for next year.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great, everyone was so friendly and it created a very happy working environment.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was very good, lots of courses you could take and lunch and learns to enable you to get as much out of the placement as you wanted.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had lots of training sessions whether it was valuable for the job you were doing or in fact you as a person. It was very varied and all very useful and insightful for the future.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very, I would love to go back to Warners if I could. If there isn't a job available I will look elsewhere in the industry but it is an incredible place to work!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Lots of social events whether it was just your team or other interns. There is as much social scene as you make it.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is incredibly expensive so be cautious! Luckily Warner offer a competitive salary to accommodate this.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Very good, it is London after all, lots of bars, pubs and clubs and also other social activities, its all on your doorstep
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, both to do with and not, I was able to get tickets to premieres, free cinema outings, lunches etc!