ISD Placement Student at Nissan UK

Sunderland North East
Computer and Systems Engineering

Nissan UK is a Top Employer

7.0/10

My time at Nissan was quite enjoyable - I got a lot of experience with new technologies and learning foundations under my belt.

I felt quite valued by my team most of the time

My mentor was amazing and gave me lots of support throughout the year. Everyone in my team was happy to help me when I needed question answering or some help.

One of the negatives of the placement for me was that I wasn’t busy most of the time. I believe this to be down to massive budget cuts currently taking place in NMUK.

I was given quite a lot of responsibility after the first few months, and was able to get on with work, as well as being trusted with production systems.

I believe the skills I have learned to be used widely acceoss the industry, I learned so much over the year and hope to apply it when in a grad job.

At the start of the placement the morale was great amongst my team and in my office - however this changed and towards the end of my placement I saw and noticed that a lot of people weren’t happy, and a lot of contractors were cut.

I think the placement was quite well set up, I believe it could have been improved by having a 6-month rotation into another team.

I was continuously promised external training, only to be let down when budgets were cut. On the other hand, internal training was quite good.

Although I enjoyed the placement year, and am glad for the experience I got, as an IT professional I believe I would have better prospects working at an IT service provider rather than IT to support the business.

Very cheap area but also I live at home