1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Nissan Motor GB!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team became like my family during my placement year - they were so supportive and just generally lovely people to work with. I always felt like my work was valued not just by them but the wider business.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager was extremely supportive during my placement year. She was always so supportive and offered guidance on anything (big projects or just day to day tasks) and would always push me to be the best I could.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Like every job it varied. I would say there was always something to do - a project to get involved in or just small admin tasks that needed doing.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility during my placement, especially in terms of project management. Throughout my time at Nissan I was able to implement change, innovate processes and challenge the status-quo. My judgment and decisions were trusted by the team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think the skills I have developed will assist me immensely in my later career. Transferable skills such as project management, interpersonal & communication, time management and organization will no doubt help me in all areas of my life.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Nissan is an extremely fast faced environment, there is constantly something going on and you can feel the buzz in the whole office!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was extremely well organized: we had quarterly reviews, regular 1:1 with our line managers, lots of training opportunities
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Nissan has an amazing training curriculum that is open to all employees, including Industrial Placement students, that has such a wide array of training courses (e-learning and classroom based). I felt I always had the opportunity to develop myself
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Nissan's Sales and Marketing Graduate Scheme is well known and very respected, all industrial placement students have the option to apply
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was a really good social scene amongst the current industrial placement students and we all got on really well! We are very close to a station that is a 30 minute journey to Central London so we are well connected
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Being in Greater London isn't super cheap - however, it is nowhere near as expensive as London! It is definitely affordable and manageable
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
You have the option of going out locally or you can get into Central London really easily!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I was a member of the Charity Team which was great fun and I thoroughly enjoyed getting involved in thinking up ways to raise money!