1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
From the very start I was welcomed into the team. I took over from a previous intern, therefore had a full role to fill rather than just doing adhoc tasks for the team. I really enjoyed my placement as i was given huge amounts of responsibility, and worked closely with each marketing brand. This meant i acquired not only digital marketing knowledge but extensive traditional marketing knowledge and practices, giving me an all round experience.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I received praise and good feedback from the work i did, but also had really good feedback and constructive criticism on how to improve my work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
From the very start i received a full on boarding. My manager ran through every task with me before I started working on them by myself. she was always there to answer my questions, and had no problem having to repeat herself if i didnt initially understand.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Extremely busy most of the time, constantly prioritising with my manager to ensure I was performing to the best of my ability and meeting all the deadlines.
Super busy during key launch periods, then during quieter times i had the opportunity to complete all of my outstanding tasks. There was never a moment where i had nothing to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Hude amount of responsibility, by the end of my placement i was the sole contact between the digi team and most of thee luxe brands and was in charge of creating and pushing content pages live on site. I did the weekly reports for the digi team and these then got sent on to the general managers.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I will definitely use the skills i have learnt since I want to go into marketing in future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
very positive, espeically in my team. My team were really supportive to eachother and always kept the atmosphere bright and cheery even during stressful periods
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
very organised, im not sure how well organised all of the other internships were, but my own placement was very organised from the start.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They spent the time and resources in order to train me to perform my job as well as possible. They for sure want you to excel in your role so they definitely invest in you.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
very appealing, i have applied for the Grad scheme
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
there was a social side but i mainly stuck to my fellow bath interns
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
i lived at home but travel was quite expensive
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
didnt really experience it
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
yes there was a running club and a football club and i joined the influencer team