1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my placement. Every day I learnt something new, and never had lack of work. I found the work challenging but not too difficult that I struggled. I would really recommend working in the Digital Marketing team, as there is a huge collaboration with the traditional marketing.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
felt very welcomed and my colleagues really valued my work, always received praise for significant and impactful work, and give great feedback where there is room for improvement
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
my manager was the best part of my internship. I learnt so much from her and she was extremely supportive in every part of my role, especially when it came to the grad scheme applications, she took time in her busy schedule every day leading up to it to support and enhance my presentation and interview
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
extremely busy around key launches, but some days were quieter where I could relax and crack on with my day to day tasks that were less pressing.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
by the end of the placement I had many tasks that were solely owned by me. L'Oréal really insist on giving you as much responsibility as possible.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I have developed vary, so considering I want to go into marketing in future roles, my skills will definitely be carried forward. Overall, this has been the best placement or internship I have done.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
In general it was really positive, my team is the most animated and outgoing, with everyone being really friendly with eachother. it kept the team dynamic up, and helped us all work together in a collaborative way.
During stressful times everyone in the team respected eachothers space.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Mine specifically was organised extremely well. I had a good handover document from the previous intern and my manager walked me through every new task before I started on it alone, to ensure I had all of the support and knowledge I needed. she was also always there for any questions I had.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Not sure about other intern roles, but in mine I was treated from the start like a full time employee and was given as much induction and training as any other employee. They invested time and resources into me so I could complete my job to the highest standard possible.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
very appealing - very keen to come back
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
they tried to encourage socialising between the interns, which we did do but mainly in our specific friendship groups
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived at home, travel was relatively expensive
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
didn't really experience it
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
yes there were many clubs such as running and football, but I didn't really get involved