1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
On the whole I have loved this year and learnt so much in what feels like such a short space of time! The friends I have met and the experiences I have had have been amazing and I feel very lucky to be part of a very special company. At times its been difficult as any job would be, that's life, but I have gotten through it and its only made me stronger and better at the role. I would recommend working at this company to anyone that asked me!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
At most points along this year I have felt valued by my colleagues. I have been taken seriously at every point and I have felt like my opinion has mattered. No one has made me feel like an intern at any point and I feel like I have been very lucky with both of my teams I have been on. There was only one colleague that made me feel uncomfortable but after management were aware that person got dealt with and then it was fine.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I feel like I have had a very different experience on both teams. My first team I hardly ever saw my manager and felt like I didn't really have any support there, luckily I had amazing colleagues to lean back on and give me the support I needed. My second team I have felt like I have had lots of support my managers with regular 1-1s with objectives and support along the way.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Again this has completely varied through the year, not just on my team but also on the circumstance of the team in terms of vacancies. My first team was on the whole chilled and I was doing the normal core hours, some days would be very intense but generally it was enough workload to handle. My second team has definitely been a lot busier, and with a BA leaving I had to step up and do a normal BA role instead of the 'intern jobs'. I have actually really enjoyed this, and even though I have been a lot busier and working longer hours its been an amazing experience and I have learnt so much.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I feel l have had a lot more responsibility on my second team, as the BA left and we were a person down, I had to step up and take on a lot more than my role specifically requires. This has been amazing for my learning and I feel like I have progressed massively.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills and training has been massively helpful for a lot of things. I think the working life will help me in my 3rd year for my work ethic and time management. I now understand a buying office so when writing essays i will understand what I am talking about! In terms of beyond I feel like I have some invaluable experience which is not only going to prepare me for my career but also help me find a job! (Hopefully come back to ASOS). Also I feel like my confidence has come on massively in terms of socialising and just general people skills which is the most important skill in my opinion!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Fun at times but also can be serious when we need to get on, I would say a good balance!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well, the only thing I would say was at the beginning before coming into our first day we were completely in the dark about everything so it would be nice to know our teams/more about the internship.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
BA's trained me to the job role and I feel like they would have be back as they have invested in me.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing as promotions seem fair and regular.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, not helped by ASOS though, there could be a better way for interns to talk and get together
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Expensive, but everywhere in London is!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Great, always drinks on a Friday that turned into a night out up Camden high street!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Not really, I got involved in the netball team but this wasn't made clear to us I had to enquirer.