Assisting my team with day to day data analysis and launch tracking, as well as helping with in store eventing and collateral.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have really enjoyed working at L'Oreal and learning how to be in a work environment. With plenty of highs and lows and mixed emotions, the placement year has been tough but at the same time super rewarding.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I get on really well with my team, they are all really supportive and friendly. I am not afraid to ask questions or ask again if I don't understand. We often do social things together as well as working and I will miss them when I leave!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager has been an absolute star at guiding and supporting me though this past year, I feel very comfortable being honest with her about how I'm feeling at work. She has advised me on how to stand out and be noticed by other senior members of the business.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It fluctuates depending on the time of year. Christmas was very busy but generally I found it fairly easy to not stress and prioritise work in order to keep on top of it. I left work on time roughly 80% of the year, this is obviously different for everyone.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given more responsibility as the year went on, however it really depends on what you feel comfortable with and what your colleagues think you can handle. I wasn't thrown in at the deep end or under pressure.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
If I could take away anything from this year it would be the actual experience of working full time, earning money, networking in a professional environment, learning how I want to be perceived by others. Most of all, I have been tested and put out of my comfort zone which has developed my self confidence immensely.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere in the office is bubbly, enthusiastic, happy. Everyone is super hard working and dedicated to their job and the company.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Well organised and smooth process.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I am very impressed with the time and effort the company puts into interns. In my experience we are a key part of the team with jobs to do which effect the business. My manager relied on me on a day to day basis with jobs.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I am excited to hopefully explore the different roles and options for a career at L'Oreal.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There is amongst some interns, I went to socials at the beginning but didn't find them that fun. They always seemed to be at big clubs far away from where I lived where you would lose people and couldn't hear over the music to actually talk to people.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I managed to find a decent flat with 3 other girls on placement at L'Oreal only a 15 minute walk from the office.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I hardly go out in London because its a lot of effort and too expensive. But obviously if you're up for it then it's great!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?