1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My one year placement at P&G was a very interesting experience that I really enjoyed. It allowed me to not only grow as a professional, but also as an individual. From day one I was involved in various projects and teams, which helped me to further expand my knowledge and develop my skills.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
At P&G I always felt as part of the team. All my colleagues created a comfortable atmosphere where I always felt valued and that my opinion mattered. I was always encouraged to ask questions without hesitation, as well as to make any mistakes through which I learned and further improved my results.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Throughout this year and my involvement in different projects, I always felt to be supported by my manager. He/She guided me how to further improve and to achieve higher results. One of the things that I mostly appreciated is the constant feedback I received related to my performance and the areas of improvement.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Overall, I never felt bored or that I have nothing interesting to do. However, based on the different deadlines and daily schedules (meetings, events, etc) there were days busier than others. At P&G there is always space to be creative and innovate, instead of having a tedious everyday working life.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
In my internship, I was given responsibility from day one. I was always accountable for my projects and with all the support from my manager and colleagues, I managed to overcome any difficulties and complete my projects successfully. As a result, I always felt trusted and that my opinion could make a difference.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Throughout this year, I had the opportunity to further develop my organisational, communicational, problem solving and technical skills. I participated in several trainings and events that expanded my knowledge and helped me to further improve my IT skills. Additionally, I learned different tools that will definitely be useful in my studies and future career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere at the office was very cosy. The open office allows people to communicate and get closer. The different meeting rooms can satisfy all the employee needs. The various areas allow the employees to often change scenery and never get bored. Last but not least, the office location at a business park offers a nice surrounding.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The yearly placement was very well-organised. The first induction week helps all the interns to get to know the company, each other, as well as to expand their network. The on-boarding in every different role allows all the individuals to better understand their projects, their responsibilities and, of course, to start feeling comfortably.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company and team/manager were always supportive in terms of the individual's internship success and personal development. As a result, I was given the opportunity to participate in different trainings, as well as to deliver trainings which I designed by myself. In this area, P&G exceeded my expectations. Also, the thirst for knowledge from the people around me was more than inspiring.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The future potential roles at P&G sound very appealing. The company seems to really value people. However, any employment prospects are subject to availability and business needs.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Within the induction week of the internship all interns from the different locations (UK and Ireland) had the opportunity to be together, to get to know each other and to get involved in different activities. Later on and based on the placement duration of every intern, the social scenes varied.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living was average. In terms of socialising, the cost really depends on each individual's social lifestyles, interests and budget.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
P&G is usually located at business parks that are not close to the city centre. However, there are always places such as pubs where people can meet after work and socialise for a while.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, there are always different opportunities that an intern can take advantage of. Some examples are different sports centres, cinema, cafeterias, shopping areas.