Creative intern looking after all assets and approvals from the international team.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed it. Good challenges and was given lot's of responsibility.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I made really good friends with everyone in the office. We worked well together as well as being friends outside of the workplace.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was constantly monitoring my progress and helping me the whole way where ever i was struggling.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There were busy periods which sometimes got a little stressful and manic. There were also some quiet periods too but generally there was a nice steady pace of work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given lot's of responsibility throughout my placement, more and more as the year went on.
Their were times when my manager went on holiday and i was left to run my team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I believe i will go back to university with a more organised and motivated approach which i believe will allow me to meet deadlines a lot better.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Even if people were busy, there was still a light friendly atmosphere where everyone was chatting and getting along.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Every part of the placement was set up well by Warner Bros. The intern meet ups, handovers, interviews and training days were brilliant as well as the communication between managers and colleagues.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They provided lot's training which were targeted at skills as well as personal development. Their were lot's of catch up meetings on progress and lunch and learns which furthered my knowledge.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
this Placement Year
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There is a possibility of going back however they rely on internships and apprenticeships a lot and so I could only have the opportunity to go back if somebody left and therefor left a vacant job role.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Very good social scene. Lots of meet ups and after work socials as well as a brilliant Christmas party.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I live at home so living costs were cheap. Just the high price's of central London which are to be expected.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Central London. Some of the best night life in the world.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Again, there is so much to do in London. The company also arranged a lot of activity days as well as charity event's too.