Student at EY

London Greater London
Accountancy Accountancy

6.8/10

6.7

The insight was informative and insightful in terms of understanding the aspects of th different service lines and the roles they comprise of. It also communicated the type of culture EY adheres to, which is one that thrives on developing strength and collaboration, which was exciting to hear especially when considering a placement year and potential graduate schemes.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at EY

During the insight, I felt extremely valued. The day was not just about being lectured and drilled with information instead it allowed me to identify my strength and improve skills through practical exercises, which focused on embracing leadership, engaging in diverse teams and presenting ideas confidently and clearly. Also, I understood what it means to build a better working world.

A lot of guidance and useful information was given. The speed networking activity which was organized provided a wholistic overview of EY but also provided the opportunity to discuss any uncertainties related to the role and how an applicant should prepare themselves by developing the skills they apply the most in their day to day operations.

Presentation and collaborative skills were extremely helpful as they can be easily applied to different aspects of my degree. With presentation skills, it allows me to provide information clearly which is crucial in Accounting and Finance. In terms of team working, it allowed me to understand different perspectives and how to be emotionally aware of others.

The insight followed a tight and well organized scheme. I knew what I was doing throughout, there was barely confusion. They also created a structure that did not leave us overwhelmed we were given opportunities to reflect, discuss and apply what we learned. The structure allowed everyone to feel comfortable.

Everyone was keen to learn including the organizers from students. The atmosphere reflected the EY culture in the office in terms of being opportunistic and people-oriented. They also created an environment that allowed everyone to socialize with others and engage in discussions with each other, this was a highlight since it provided an insight into diversity and inclusiveness at EY.