-Database administration (SQL)
-Code Development (VBA)
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Pleasant atmosphere with smart and friendly people, interesting tasks and industry, excellent office and facilities, generous remuneration.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days I was not very busy, whereas on other days I was extremely busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Early on I was involved in business meetings, and got the opportunity to apply and develop further skills in Excel VBA, SQL etc.
I recommend this placement to you if you want to get into the finance industry, be it Technology or Finance itself. I was in the Information Systems department which is a great role for any Accounting/Finance/Economics student (like myself) who looks to develop sought-after technical skills in a professional working environment.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Even the most experienced employees are patient with interns who do not have as much experience, enabling a great environment for learning on the job.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?