1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Working with the RCIFS HR Team has been an absolute joy. They immediately welcomed me into the team and I've always felt the work I do was crucial to the daily operation of the department and business.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My colleagues have consistently supported me throughout my placement year and have worked with me to help me develop as a professional. This included having bi-weekly one-to-one meetings with my supervisor to discuss how I was feeling about my work and in which areas I could improve in.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Working in HR you develop many skills that are invaluable in the professional world. Attention to detail, organization, and time management are some of the various skills that I have greatly improved. Although HR may not be directly related to what I want to do in the future, the experience I have gained and qualities I have developed will go on to drive my success in the future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
RCI is the best of both worlds. You get all the perks of the corporate experience without the isolated, mundane atmosphere. The office is always buzzing and everyone is very friendly and welcoming. This is the kind of culture RCI strives to promote.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There was extensive product training, as to develop employees' familiarity with the company, and there are plenty of courses available to all employees to improve their professional skills. I, personally, was sent on a course to improve my knowledge of the field I work in.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Located in Hertfordshire, housing and social costs can be quite high, but being located near to London was worth it!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Rickmansworth has some great pubs and London is only a short train ride away, which is where my colleagues and I usually went for nights out.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?