1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed doing an internship in Standard life, I learned a lot about the company and their processes, and people there were very friendly and helpful.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt that the work I was doing there was very much appreciated and needed. They made you feel that the work you were doing there was useful and will be used in the future.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The support and guidance was felt in every step of the way, we always had catch up meetings so we can give an update of our progress, and they were always asking me how I felt, and if people were supportive and helpful.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I felt I had many things to do in this internship, so I would say busy, but it was all about managing your schedules.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I felt the responsibility placed to me to be high as the project I was developing was directly asked by the Head of the department, and they wanted to implemented inside the company.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I gained many valuable professional skills as the internship was strongly linked to the studies I am pursuing. Beside those professional skills I also obtained many personal skills that I will surely use in the future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There was a very amicable atmosphere. People were very friendly, attentive and willing to help you with everything you need.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They assigned a lot of people with different functions inside the company to help us during the development of our internship.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?