Working within the CMO team at L'Oreal I had various projects. I worked with the CRM team on a large project, I learnt to code html and sent a bi-monthly email out to the whole company, I worked on an econometrics project that worked out the ROI of influencers, I ran my own project on organic influencers and I managed the implementation of a new social tool in the business working with senior staff and training them on the platform, amongst other things.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The job was excellent, I did not feel like an intern once, I had loads of responsibility and was working on project that I had genuine interest in. I learnt loads of new skills I previously didn't have. During my role I was also really well connected to people high up in the business which was a great networking experience.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The team I was in was excellent, they made me feel valued and were happy to help at any stage and all showed interest in my development.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The management were excellent.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had numerous projects on the go and had to be self disciplined to ensure I managed expectations and met deadlines. I could also move at my own pace however.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The practical experience I gained from the internship will be valuable throughout my uni and future career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Hard working but social, great team spirit
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
HR did a great job abd my manager knew what was expected of her
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Everything I had to do was for a purpose, I gained a lot in self development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Great, I hoping to get onto the graduate scheme
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Huge social life between the interns
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is expensive
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?