1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The marketing internship at L'Oreal was a brilliant introduction to the world of business. The varied nature of the job meant there were (almost) no dull moments.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The ethos of L'Oreal and the responsibilities I was given made me feel like a truly valued member of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
While I had many responsibilities, I always felt there was a strong support network and that I could seek guidance from my manager when I needed it.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Incredibly busy, but the varied nature of the job meant that it was easy to balance everything out.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I felt like a full member of the team, running projects and assisting with important value-adding drives. I was expected to be accountable and my opinions were always listened to.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The internship was an incredible opportunity to develop transferrable skills and a fascinating insight into the workings of a huge corporation.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone was great fun but also very committed and dedicated.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well-run, with networking opportunities built in and strong HR support.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were many training programs to really help immerse us in the L'Oreal experience. The marketing and HR teams, as well as the company as a whole, really cared about our future and made us feel valued.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Although the salary is not particularly high, the opportunities available and the ethos of L'Oreal are incredibly appealing.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, Lots of socials were organized and an intern committee set yup by the HR team.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Being London, life is expensive!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
In Hammersmith itself there isn't much but the whole of London is just a tube stop away!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes. L'Oreal provide brilliant extra-curricular opportunities, from philanthropy to sport.