1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have enjoyed a vast majority of my placement, being put into a very different environment for the first time is a challenge but the support at L'Oreal has been fantastic.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Very valued, my colleagues have been very open with feedback and willing to give praise where deserved but also offer constructive comments to help me grow in my role
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
For the first week or so I had a catch up with my manager every other day, after I'd proven my ability I was given more space to work on my own projects with other members of the team but still having catch up sessions whenever I felt it was necessary. Other senior members of the team also offered support and guidance whenever it was needed.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had a steady stream of work and whenever I felt I didn't have much on I would always offer my support to other team members to keep busy, some days got very busy to meet deadlines but it never became overwhelming.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
From the second week I was given a lot of freedom to work through projects on my own and was trusted to carry these out effectively and accurately.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Many of the skills I've developed aren't directly related to my degree but looking at data and drawing conclusions is something I've had to do throughout my degree and regularly using that throughout my placement has kept me well practised
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very energetic, positive atmosphere. All the team were always very keen to help and support each other as well as keeping fun in the office
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Well organised generally, maybe slightly more information before arrival on what the role will involve, all I had was a title I knew nothing about
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company did invest in me but with training spread out over all my placement, it would potentially have been more useful to have a full week training to start
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing to most, personally the company isn't right for me at this time but I could definitely see returning in the future
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Very good social life with something going on most nights of the week if wanted
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Reasonably expensive but the pay from the placement made it just about financially viable while still having a great time
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The area itself had lots of pubs but no many clubs. However it is very well connected so it was easy to get to other areas in London
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Lots of opportunities from charity bike rides and runs to regular socials and sport events