PR Intern at L'Oreal

Administration/Secretarial Consumer Products/FMCG Fashion Marketing Media

L'Oreal is a Top Employer

8.5/10

8.6

• Get fully involved in the day-to-day running of the Press Office, support senior team, and put into place systems to help the organisation of the department;
• Full responsibility for NCOs and stock replenishment. Manage product orders including pre-series and product for cupboards. Update line manager with any stock issues. Ensure product cupboards are stocked;
• Managing product mailouts;
• Get fully involved in brainstorms for events, gifts, press packs etc;
• Manage PR coverage on a daily basis and implement a ‘best practice’ system – including logging, scanning and filing all coverage. Compiling monthly media coverage reports;
• Help organise press events, press trips and desk visits;
• Management of Digital Strategy – 1. Research on key bloggers and liaise with them on a regular basis for update on new launches; 2. Compiling monthly Digital Report.
• Get fully involved in the make-up artists’ credit strategy – meet make-up artists on a regular basis for product update and monitor closely make up credits results.

I am currently in my 2nd month of my internship, but so far i am really enjoying the experience.

I feel interns a L'Oreal are highly valued and are treated the same as permanent members of the team.

I have been set objectives that will be revieved at the end of the year. These objectives are very useful as a target and I ensure I am on track on a weekly basis.

As I am in a team of 2 there is always plenty to get on with. Depending on the time of year and what is launching reflects how busy I am but there are always day to day requests and projects to get on with.

Again, as I am in a team of 2 I feel I am getting great exposure within the PR industry and am getting greater experience in comparison to an average intern. This is something I am really enjoying and thriving on. For example - I have been able to attend international press trips.

I am achieving great skills within this placement. As a graduate I will use the skills in my next role and beyond.

A really balanced atmosphere of professionalism but a happy environment at all times.

I cannot falter the set of the internship. it was very well orgainised and promptly set up.

So far I have been invited to other departmental training and meetings with HR which is great.

I would certainly be interested in pro longing my career at L'Oreal after my internship ends.

it was great to meet other LPD interns at a lunch organised my HR.

Average for central London.

A few nice bars, more variety into central London.

yes, nuermous emails provide opportuities at L'Oreal. Such as the choir and yoga.