• Get fully involved in the day-to-day running of the Press Office, support senior team, and put into place systems to help the organisation of the department;
• Full responsibility for NCOs and stock replenishment. Manage product orders including pre-series and product for cupboards. Update line manager with any stock issues. Ensure product cupboards are stocked;
• Managing product mailouts;
• Get fully involved in brainstorms for events, gifts, press packs etc;
• Manage PR coverage on a daily basis and implement a ‘best practice’ system – including logging, scanning and filing all coverage. Compiling monthly media coverage reports;
• Help organise press events, press trips and desk visits;
• Management of Digital Strategy – 1. Research on key bloggers and liaise with them on a regular basis for update on new launches; 2. Compiling monthly Digital Report.
• Get fully involved in the make-up artists’ credit strategy – meet make-up artists on a regular basis for product update and monitor closely make up credits results.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I am currently in my 2nd month of my internship, but so far i am really enjoying the experience.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I feel interns a L'Oreal are highly valued and are treated the same as permanent members of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I have been set objectives that will be revieved at the end of the year. These objectives are very useful as a target and I ensure I am on track on a weekly basis.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
As I am in a team of 2 there is always plenty to get on with. Depending on the time of year and what is launching reflects how busy I am but there are always day to day requests and projects to get on with.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Again, as I am in a team of 2 I feel I am getting great exposure within the PR industry and am getting greater experience in comparison to an average intern. This is something I am really enjoying and thriving on. For example - I have been able to attend international press trips.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I am achieving great skills within this placement. As a graduate I will use the skills in my next role and beyond.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
A really balanced atmosphere of professionalism but a happy environment at all times.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I cannot falter the set of the internship. it was very well orgainised and promptly set up.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
So far I have been invited to other departmental training and meetings with HR which is great.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would certainly be interested in pro longing my career at L'Oreal after my internship ends.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
it was great to meet other LPD interns at a lunch organised my HR.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Average for central London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
A few nice bars, more variety into central London.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
yes, nuermous emails provide opportuities at L'Oreal. Such as the choir and yoga.