Responsible for conceptual and operational development of Parts Programmes designed and developed to exploit market potentials in the areas of Parts, Accessories and Lifestyle products across the BMW Brand.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
BMW has been a great company to work for. I have been involved in a range of projects and been given a wide range of high importance tasks to complete.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Most of the time i felt valued by my colleagues as i completed a lot of work for them, including managing their finance, which was appreciated by all. Everyone has also been very friendly and open to me. However, sometimes colleagues have treated me like as student rather than employees at time, asking me to complete tideous work that they do not want to complete.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My team have been very supportive throughout my placement, For the first 4 months of my placement i had no manager, so this support was crucial throughout.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
This varies from day to day - some days i have een very busy and worked late and some days i have had very little to do and have been asking around the office for more work. It really depeneds on the amount of Finance i have to complete and if there is an event coming up.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A lot - colleagues and managers are very trusting and let me get the work done on my own,
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Skills have been very well developed throughout placement. I feel like i have become a lot more confident throughout my placement as there have been many different situations where i have had to present in front of a range of different people. My financial knowledge has also grown too, and this is something i will be able to use in my final year of university and in later life. The experience has been great and will certainley help me in the future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very relaxed - everybody is so friendly and welcoming. If you have any questions there will always be somebody who is willing to help. You are also welcome to wear whatever you like, as long as it is office suitable, which is nice as it makes me feel much more relaxed. I was also able to have a laugh and joke with colleagues in the office.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
At the beginning of placement it felt quite disorganised as it took a while to receive my contract. Both my managers also left which meant i was managerless for 4 months. It has felt quite disorganised, and i have experienced this again when experiencing this years new started starting.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
My first half of placement i felt like BMW really invested in me as they even offered to take me to Germany to help host some competition winners. This was fab and made me feel very valued. However, this investment starte to decrease during placement, and have been told a few times i am not able to attend events such as conferences which were related to my job role and an experience that would be very ueful for my development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I could definitely see myself wanting to return to BMW in the future - there are plenty of different roles here that interest me and the company culture is fab,
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes - we all got on really well and had plenty of events in the evenings and weekends.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost was quite high - living in Reading is not the cheapest. However, the commute to London is so short and cheap it has been fab!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nightlife was avergae - could be better, could ber worse.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I didn't get involved in many activities outside work whilst on placement as i felt i didn't have much time.