I worked in analytical sciences providing analytical support for formulation development
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The placement was interesting and challenging
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My efforts on the project were definitely appreciated
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I am relatively independent and generally enjoy getting on with my workload on my own, however if I ever needed help/guidance my supervisor and manager were always very helpful
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Generally I was fairly busy but I prefer working this way, if I ever felt I had too much to do other members of staff were always willing to help out
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given alot of responsibility for my own work and had to provide updates regularly
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt many valuable skills in both techniques and transferable skills e.g. giving presentations, writing scientific papers and teamwork. The placement also gave me an insight into how the pharmaceutical industry works.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was good, but everyone was there to work so it was a good environment to get good work done
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The organisation was very good I had the opportunity to carry out several projects ,my university has a requirement to do one, whilst contributing to an active project for the company
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company provided excellent training and also encouraged the submission of scientific papers and also paid for my attendance at a 2 day conference.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?