Working with creative to service all paid media with creative and working with exhibition (cinemas) to deliver great campaigns.
Trade marketing: Working with exhibitors (cinemas) to make sure that we create a visually appealing and impact campaign.
Creative services: to work with all theatrical creative assets to create a great targeted campaign.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement at Warner Bros. It was full of exciting experiences and multiple project which i got to get involved with and be a part of.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt like a valued colleague and was given lots of responsibility and and chances to grow and progress as a team member as well as an individual.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Each week i received feedback and chats with my line managers to make sure I was on track and to discuss where I've done well and where there is room for improvement. This is a great support system as there is dedicated time to sit and talk about my progression and ask any questions.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Warner bros give you huge responsibility and on a day to day basis i have large quantities of work that i can get stuck into to support my team. All work loads vary from film title to film title but getting to work on each theatrical film campaign i have learnt to manage my time efficiently and to gain further responsibilities and work loads thought my placement year.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I have been given a huge amount of responsibility which exceed my expectations. I have been given the honor of managing my own film titles in both side of my job role which has been a great and rewarding experience.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Time management and Organisation skills are key skill I have learnt through my placement at Warner which is a strong transferable skill I can take onto my final year at university but also into working life.
Perception and perceiving others - which I have learnt through the Warner Bros, learning scheme has helped me consider how I come across and how to approach various level of hierarchy. This is a very important skill to learn and will take with me throughout my future career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office has always been high spirited and motivational. With all of us working with our teams and able to discuss and chat about work but also socially.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The organisation is extremely well set up for placement students, With multiple training schemes set in place to help all the interns grow through out the year. As well as huge support systems from line managers and colleagues.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invested in multiple training schemes to help us profess as individuals for the working world we are in now and for our future careers. This enable us to make the most out of our placement year.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Although Warner Bros. don't offer grad-schemes. Larger numbers of the previous intern base come back and work for Warner Bros. after completing university.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There is a strong social scene with both other interns and with colleagues. With up to 50 interns at Warner Bros. there are pleasant of people to go to nights out with to having lunch in the in house cafe. The social scene is dependent on your team. Within my team within marketing marketing segment of Warner Bros we get to attend various social events from Company away days to Christmas parities to team drinks and agency lunches.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Warner Bros is based in central London - so this is quite expensive but there are lots of lovely pubs and bars with happy hour which makes socialising within the area cheaper. Also being So close to convent garden and Soho Warner bros. is in a great location to access great shops and bars.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The Night always has a buzz close by sue to being so close to convent garden and Soho with lots of bars and clubs too chose from.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are multiple opportunities to get involved in experiences outside of work - I personally got to go to comic con which was brilliant experience. As well you can be apart of Warner Bros. charity organisation - were interns went to the yearly center point sleep out which is a great way to get involved with charitable events outside of work.