Luxe CRM Intern at L'Oreal

E-Business Marketing

L'Oreal is a Top Employer

7.2/10

6.5

I thoroughly enjoyed my placement at L'Oreal - it was the ideal company for me to have my placement year as I'm so passionate about the beauty industry. I also love the qualities that L'Oreal stand for & encourage eg. innovation, collaboration, team work, thinking outside the box.

Very valued - I have a lot of responsibility in my role, and so definitely felt I gained the respect o my colleagues over the year.

Very much so - however because it's such a fast-paced company and everyone always has so much going on, I feel my manager supported me as well as they were able to, however a lot of the times I did feel I was left with a lot more responsibility than I should have been as an intern.

Extremely busy. Over the course of the year I think I only left work on time on a handful of occasions - usually I end up staying quite late, and leave the workplace still with a massive to-do list. There's never nothing to do!

An extraordinary amount. I definitely do not feel I was doing the job of an intern.

So much - the skills I've gained over the course of this year have honestly been so invaluable, not only in learning about marketing in the workplace, but in transferable skills that I can take onto any role in the future.

In my team the atmosphere is incredible - everyone gets on so well, there's always so much going on but we always have fun. In general at L'Oreal everything is so fast-paced, which also makes for a really exciting environment. Everyone also is quite young, so after-work drinks happen often and it's a really fun culture to be at. However, with such a fast-moving and demanding company, this often also comes with a lot of stress and high-pressure situations.

Quite organised I felt. The only thing that felt disorganised in the set-up of my internship was the ambiguity about the role I would do - I applied for digital marketing, and in the job description there was such a wide range of things. The actual roles in digital marketing vary so much, so until the week before my placement started I had no idea what I would actually be doing. This isn't a bad thing, it's just you could end up with a role very much different than what you thought you were applying for.

I received a lot of training on my role which was great, as I really feel I've been upskilled in my area of digital marketing. However, in terms of personal development, I definitely feel i have developed just through being in my role and learning from my team. However, because I'm always so busy, I feel i didn't really have the time during my internship to make the most of being at L'Oreal, and to go out and actively network, because i never really had the time!

Really appealing - I'm applying for the graduate scheme and would love to continue a career at L'Oreal.

Yes definitely - there's a great intern culture at L'Oreal. You immediately meet a lot of other interns when you start in your division, and there's an intern social every month organised by the intern committee.

Really expensive, but that was expected with living & working in London!

Really good - coming from Bath University, it was great to be in London and have such a variety of choice for a night out!

I'm not involved in any work activities outside of work, apart from socialising with work colleagues after work.