1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have loved my placement at L'Oreal, it has been the best experience ever. Working at L'Oreal has allowed me to learn essential skills that will be an asset to me in all future endeavors.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
L'Oreal has a great culture where interns are highly valued as a part of the team. My managers are extremely invested in my progression at L'Oreal and treat me with respect. Everyone at L'Oreal are cooperative and supportive which makes completing tasks much easier.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My managers have given me complete ownership on multiple projects which has been challenging at times but extremely rewarding. They support me in everything I do and allowed me to develop as a person. I cannot thank my team enough for all they have taught me this year.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
L'Oreal is a very fast paced environment and I work in a small team so my average day is probably busier than most. However, this has taught me to priorities tasks and improve time management.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I have been given a huge amount of responsibility during my placement. L'Oreal encourage all interns to manage a project end-to-end which is a huge responsibility but it is also one of the best things about working here.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I study Business at university so it has been helpful to see the practices we learn in a large cooperate business. From a personal perspective, I have learnt multiple skills such as time management, conflict resolution and presentation skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
L'Oreal is full of bubbly extroverts so it is always a fun environment. The motto here is definitely work hard play hard. I have made some great friendships that I will keep long after my placement ends.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My application process was really efficient and speedy. The time frame from application to job offer was around 6 weeks.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I feel very lucky to be in an environment where my managers invest their time and efforts into my personal development through my placement as well as more formal reviews.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I find future prospects very appealing hence why I am applying for the graduate scheme.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Great social scene amongst fellow interns and employees and different levels, this is thoroughly encouraged by the culture.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
the cost of living in London is expensive but manageable.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It's London, there is always loads to do!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There could be more advertisements of the activities outside of work.