Luxe Retail Talent Acquisition Intern at L'Oreal

Hammersmith Central London and City
Human Resources Recruitment

L'Oreal is a Top Employer

8.6/10

I have thoroughly enjoyed my 12 months with L'Oreal. The culture, people and tasks were fantastic and I would thoroughly recommend the intern scheme to any students looking to complete a placement year.

My colleagues welcomed me completely with open arms into their team and were friendly, welcoming and always willing to help and support whenever I had a query or issue. I regularly felt like a permanent member of staff rather than an intern, again the amazing culture at L'Oreal makes this possible.

I had regular weekly catch ups with my line manager in order to provide me with feedback, guidance as well as constructive comments on where and how to improve. I also received mid and final year reviews to assess my performance throughout the year as well as set targets on where to improve.

I was afforded a great number of tasks and responsibilities that covered a wide area of responsibility, therefore I was consistently busy on a daily basis with several tasks that needed to be completed but at the same time maintaining a healthy work/life balance.

I was given a great deal of autonomy and responsibility during my placement ranging from full responsibility and autonomy on certain projects and tasks, which allowed me to develop my project management skills and have end-to-end responsibility of projects.

As I am looking to complete my dissertation in occupational psychology, working in a corporate environment for the past twelve months has really helped me develop important skills and experiences required to excel and thrive during my final year of university

The atmosphere is always positive, upbeat and willing to help if needed. The culture at L'Oreal allows and encourages employees to be able to ask any and all questions and everyone is willing to help.

The internship was well planned out in advance, with regular training, reviews and events to accommodate the interns.

L'Oreal regularly gave all interns regular training sessions, seminars and events in groups as well as online individual learning webinars and platforms. This allowed me to develop my skills significantly during my internship.

L'Oreal offers a Graduate MT scheme, which I aim to apply for. Having thoroughly enjoyed my 12 months at L'Oreal I can't imagine working anywhere else!

There are Monthly intern socials, as well as regular events between staff members and teams.

It can be expensive living in London, however the Graduate team creates a facebook group prior to starting, allowing interns to arrange house/flat shares to reduce living costs.

London is a great place to live! There's events, concerts, theatres and sporting events happening every day!

L'Oreal has a several sporting teams, events and socials for interns to get fully integrated in