1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have thoroughly enjoyed my 12 months with L'Oreal. The culture, people and tasks were fantastic and I would thoroughly recommend the intern scheme to any students looking to complete a placement year.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues welcomed me completely with open arms into their team and were friendly, welcoming and always willing to help and support whenever I had a query or issue. I regularly felt like a permanent member of staff rather than an intern, again the amazing culture at L'Oreal makes this possible.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had regular weekly catch ups with my line manager in order to provide me with feedback, guidance as well as constructive comments on where and how to improve. I also received mid and final year reviews to assess my performance throughout the year as well as set targets on where to improve.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was afforded a great number of tasks and responsibilities that covered a wide area of responsibility, therefore I was consistently busy on a daily basis with several tasks that needed to be completed but at the same time maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a great deal of autonomy and responsibility during my placement ranging from full responsibility and autonomy on certain projects and tasks, which allowed me to develop my project management skills and have end-to-end responsibility of projects.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
As I am looking to complete my dissertation in occupational psychology, working in a corporate environment for the past twelve months has really helped me develop important skills and experiences required to excel and thrive during my final year of university
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere is always positive, upbeat and willing to help if needed. The culture at L'Oreal allows and encourages employees to be able to ask any and all questions and everyone is willing to help.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was well planned out in advance, with regular training, reviews and events to accommodate the interns.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
L'Oreal regularly gave all interns regular training sessions, seminars and events in groups as well as online individual learning webinars and platforms. This allowed me to develop my skills significantly during my internship.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
L'Oreal offers a Graduate MT scheme, which I aim to apply for. Having thoroughly enjoyed my 12 months at L'Oreal I can't imagine working anywhere else!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There are Monthly intern socials, as well as regular events between staff members and teams.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It can be expensive living in London, however the Graduate team creates a facebook group prior to starting, allowing interns to arrange house/flat shares to reduce living costs.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
London is a great place to live! There's events, concerts, theatres and sporting events happening every day!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
L'Oreal has a several sporting teams, events and socials for interns to get fully integrated in