1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I moderately enjoyed my placement- lots of free products and nice office etc. However my job did not match up to what I was supposed to be doing and there is not loads of support from management as they are very busy.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Felt what I was doing was worthwhile and added value to the company- not an easy job. Felt needed as part of the team but feedback was lacking from my manager
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Manager was often too busy for me and poor at giving feedback on how i was doing
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days more busy than others but on the whole a good balance
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Ran my own projects and had my own accounts
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Learned a lot of industry specific knowledge and specialist skills that will help me upon graduating
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Friendly but very busy- people were always nice but did not have time to make an effort to get to know you.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
HR sent wrong contracts several times, job description did not match job I ended up doing. Manager sturggled to find time to do MAP forms with me.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Taught to do several specialist things. Attended a lot of legal training
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Can go for grad scheme and are encouraged to do so
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Lovely community amongst interns- silly to have socials on a thursday though
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?