1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I was presented with loads of amazing opportunities and was able to grow as a young professional.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt valued not only by my immediate team members, but also by other colleagues who I worked with. I felt like my opinion was listened to and taken into account.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was appointed a mentor who I could speak to about anything and in addition I had a manager who was very open and supportive. She helped me develop more professionally but always made sure I had enough support to perform the tasks.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There were periods when I was very busy and there were periods when the wasn't that much to do. Overall this worked out very well for me as I was able to start research on my dissertation.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was responsible for preparing monthly reports and also for preparing budget templates amongst other things. I am happy that I had these responsibilities as they taught me a lot.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
All the skills I have gained and enhanced in Travelport are applicable to my future career and I feel that they will help me be much more organized in my final year.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The environment is friendly and open. As an intern I was treated as any other employee which I enjoyed.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was well organized and our feedback for further improvement was taken into account.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There are many online courses available, but the most valuable is the opportunity to learn from other team members.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We worked together on a project, to raise money for a local charity.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Quite an expensive area.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Windsor is quite close.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Charity events that were organized by the Interns and Social Club events.