1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Our working athmosphere was really pleasant, I have enjoyed it very much in my office.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt greatly appreciated as I was given a high level of trust and responsibility.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was incorporated very well into the team, systems and processes.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I have been busy every day which was really challenging and exciting at the same time.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
High level of responsibility
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
As I have been in touch with many external parties and colleagues simultaneously, I could become even more confident and self-independent which will not only help me with future presentations at unversity, but also with my career development.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone had a positive attitude and character.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was well organised, even though there could have been a better incorporation into new systems sometimes. But I would not blame any of the colleagues as the department was tremendously busy all time.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
In order to get a better understanding of work related topics, I was able to attend different training sessions for different subjects which were really helpful.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Really appealing as BMW is able to offer great perks/ benefits for its employees such as Company Cars and a great Pension Plan.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, definitely amongst other interns, we have built up a great network. Moreover, within my team we had a strong community feeling anytime.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It was really expensive, but definitely affordable with the overal remuneration of the internship position.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It was really exciting as there are many students living in the area close to work.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, as we always had some interns who organised several socialising events for after work and during weekends.