1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really enjoyed my time here, particularly due to having such a great team and the culture of the company as a whole
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues were incredibly helpful and keen to support and advise me whenever I needed it. I was treated as an equal and made part of the team almost immediately.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There were times when my manager had very little work for me to do which was frustrating at times however I felt very much supported and valued throughout my time here and cannot thank my manager enough for being so great
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There were days when I had almost nothing to do but also days where I was incredibly busy, which I really enjoyed
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot more responsibility than I thought which was great. I was trusted and valued by my entire team and my contributions were appreciated
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The internship won't relate to my university degree but the skills I have learnt will be hugely beneficial in my future career, and the ability to conduct myself in an office environment and in a team of varied people, and the confidence I've gained will be invaluable in the future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
My team were great, the company culture is fantastic and it is a really open and friendly place. Everyone I met has been more than willing to chat to me and I looked forward to work every day.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The various events organised for interns was so helpful in helping us get to know one another and build a network of friends to share experiences with and go to for advice. The buddy scheme was really great and I felt the internship was really well organised by the company.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I feel I have been really valued and important within the team and that the company was keen to invest in interns as the future of the company.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I am hoping to return next year and if not will certainly look to come back in the future
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The company paid for a night out for the interns which was great and living altogether with them made the summer a lot more enjoyable
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
As a capital city it can be expensive but no different to most big cities. The accommodation was free which helped a lot
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nightlife in Edinburgh is great, busy and lots of variety. The Fringe is a great excuse to get out and socialise, too.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There wasn't a huge amount of team activities compared to other teams I've seen but the atmosphere in the office made up for it.