Business Change and Technology Intern at Standard Life Aberdeen

Business Analytics Information Technology

7.4/10

6.0

Working as a Business Analyst in Customer Data

Really enjoyed my time here, particularly due to having such a great team and the culture of the company as a whole

My colleagues were incredibly helpful and keen to support and advise me whenever I needed it. I was treated as an equal and made part of the team almost immediately.

There were times when my manager had very little work for me to do which was frustrating at times however I felt very much supported and valued throughout my time here and cannot thank my manager enough for being so great

There were days when I had almost nothing to do but also days where I was incredibly busy, which I really enjoyed

I was given a lot more responsibility than I thought which was great. I was trusted and valued by my entire team and my contributions were appreciated

The internship won't relate to my university degree but the skills I have learnt will be hugely beneficial in my future career, and the ability to conduct myself in an office environment and in a team of varied people, and the confidence I've gained will be invaluable in the future.

My team were great, the company culture is fantastic and it is a really open and friendly place. Everyone I met has been more than willing to chat to me and I looked forward to work every day.

The various events organised for interns was so helpful in helping us get to know one another and build a network of friends to share experiences with and go to for advice. The buddy scheme was really great and I felt the internship was really well organised by the company.

I feel I have been really valued and important within the team and that the company was keen to invest in interns as the future of the company.

I am hoping to return next year and if not will certainly look to come back in the future

The company paid for a night out for the interns which was great and living altogether with them made the summer a lot more enjoyable

As a capital city it can be expensive but no different to most big cities. The accommodation was free which helped a lot

Nightlife in Edinburgh is great, busy and lots of variety. The Fringe is a great excuse to get out and socialise, too.

There wasn't a huge amount of team activities compared to other teams I've seen but the atmosphere in the office made up for it.