1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My Placement was really insightful and helped me to imagine what it's going to be like after leaving University, this is something that has been really valuable to me, along with all of the people I've met along the way.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team are great, they were really supportive from the start and I feel like I can ask anyone for help. I also get along with them all on a personal basis. In terms of the wider company, the intern network is obviously a great one as it helps you connect with people from other departments.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My managers were great, I had weekly catch ups with them and if I ever had any problems or felt stuck with something I felt very comfortable going to talk to them about it.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My role differs - at the start of the Placement I wasn't so busy but this is down to the fact that the business is quieter in Summer months. It wasn't so much of a bad thing though as it meant I had the time to go over and practice everything I had learnt in my handover week. I would say after the first 3 months of Placement this is when my role started to get busy which I really enjoyed.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I felt like I was given great responsibility - your role is really valued here and you are seen as important as everyone else within your team, there is no discrimination against interns.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills and training I have gained/received throughout the year will be really useful for me - even small things such as organisational skills and time management will help me a lot at University!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in my department is great as we all get along with each other really well! In terms of the entire office I think there is a good atmosphere, although I do not spend loads of time in different departments so it's hard to comment as a whole but the culture of WB is something that is great.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The Placement scheme is really well organised by the recruitment team, it's also a really solid process as it's one that has been happening for a few years now and every year it just gets better. My role has a great involvement in the recruitment of all new interns which is something I found to be really fun/interesting.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company offer interns around 5 training courses throughout the year which is great and you also have the opportunity to attend Lunch 'n' Learns which focus on various subjects. If you feel it's necessary for your role then you can also attend IT courses for Excel, Photoshop etc.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The company don't have a grad scheme in place however it is known throughout the company for ex-interns to come back into the business. All interns are added to an intern pool once they have left so that they are remembered by the business if applying for a job in the future.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes definitely - all interns have good communication with one another. My department also organise things to do after work every so often. Plus the fact there are loads of places to go and socialise due to being in London!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Expensive as it's London but that is expected.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It's London so there are a range of things to do for nightlife!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are activities such as volunteer days that you can attend, plus company days and events that are also really fun.