Handling clients with experience, expectations and feedback.
Working on key customer facing projects and providing feedback to the entire business.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have had an amazing time working within Rolls-Royce Motor Cars. I had individual projects with constant, varied workload.
I also had an opportunity to work on the Rolls-Royce stand at the Geneva Motor Show which was one of the most fantastic experiences I've had to date.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I believe I have been a vital member of the team I work within. I have also recieved a three-month contract extension which exemplifies my manager's and departments value of me. It was a real sign of appreciation.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I have had two seperate reporting managers during my placement. Both have shown me two ways of managing and both have supported me in seperate ways. My first manager supported me in self development. My second manager gave me indepth projects to develop many skills learnt at university.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My working days are not always structured and allow me to create my own time management to complete my tasks for the given day.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
After an inital learning period I was fully emersed into the role. This meant full responsibility for customer cases.
During my intership I have had direct work for my department manager, regional directors and the CEO. This was a great expereince to be given such huge responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have stated this year has allow me to pick up more usable skills in the work place. As I finish my placement 3 days before my final year starts I am hoping to carry the routine flawlessly into my final academic year.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There were certainly periods of stress and times where it was full of joy and laughter. But overall, as a working office it was a great place to work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Initally I stepped into a full time working role, as my placement evolved I was given more projects. These were not initally planned to be worked on by me at the beginning of the year but as my team changed so did my responsibilities.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There was a lot of self development with guidance and support. I had a lot of inital personal training on my job role when I started. This allowed me to perform the job, I had to then develop to excel at the job.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I feel I have left a positive impression and will leave a vacancy when I leave. With this i will certainly look for possible graduate schemes for after my final year.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We certainly has a ncie couple of evenings, I also made friends with many other interns, but there isn't a network or social media page to allow the interns to connect easily.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived near home, so pretty much as expected.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I dont like going out much, I experienced a few nice pubs and restaurants though.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
A couple of the guys from work had a weekly football night.