Searching for and completing tenders for the organisation, along with the completion and processing of quotations.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed my work placement, the office has a great atmosphere with everyone really friendly. The world was also interesting and will develop my studies.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt like an actual member of the team as was not seen as an "intern".
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The management were all very supportive and friendly, always on the end of the phone if needed or email.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The days varied depending on the time of year, Q4 and Q1 are very busy whereas Q3 is the quietest period, that said there is always thinks to do and you are never bored!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility; working on large contracts, dealing with all areas of the company, liaising with customers.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I believe my placement has sent me in good stead for the rest of my studies and future employment. I can take the things learnt from my placement into my studies and many aspects link directly, especially when working upon my dissertation.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Always a lot of fun in the office, really laid back atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Everything was always in place for me on arrival and the intern process throughout is well organised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
You can do many courses through GE, the management are more than happy to allow you to increase your knowledge.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The prospect of future employment at GE is very high, they would like to see placement students return rather than training new beginners.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Lots of interns on placement so the social scene is really good, with nights out a plenty.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Its not that cheap due to being so close to London, but you do get paid slightly more for that reason too!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Pretty average close by, but you are only 30 minutes from London where everything is going off!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are opportunities but this is more down to you rather than the company.