There is no better place to start your professional career than with a yearlong internship with GE UK. GE interns work together to solve real-world challenges, sometimes spurring innovations that change the way we do business. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfil GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
GE drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges: Energy, health, transportation—the essentials of modern life. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today it leads new paradigms in additive manufacturing, materials science, and data analytics.
GE is hiring pioneers, problem solvers, dreamers and leaders across the globe. Today, more than ever, the world needs great minds. What the world needs...is you.
- GE Aviation has a rich aviation legacy and a commitment to inventing the future of flight. With multiple sites across the UK, including a high-tech test cell in Cardiff, Nantgarw in Wales, Prestwick in Scotland, Hamble, Cheltenham and Newmarket, GE is a significant investor in the aviation industry
- Employing over 5,000 people, and offering services including design, development, manufacturing, on-wing support and maintenance, GE has continued to drive innovation across commercial, military, business & general aviation, and marine segments
- GE is bringing the Industrial Internet to life by connecting minds and machines. We combine decades of experience building innovative industrial machines with cutting-edge data science and analytics expertise, which we are leveraging in the UK and Ireland. For instance, by using cloud computing to process, share and archive radiology records
- GE Digital provides customers with cutting-edge digital software and technologies that help UK and Ireland businesses be at the forefront of the digital transformation
- GE Healthcare works for a healthier nation, with GE diagnostic equipment, patient monitoring and transformational consultancy services offered to NHS and private hospitals and clinics all over the country
- 2,600 employees in the UK and Ireland, with manufacturing operations in Cardiff, Amersham and a Technology Laboratory at Stevenage Bioscience catalyst, the UK’s first open innovation bioscience campus and a £3 million cell technologies laboratory
- GE Healthcare software is also helping to drive productivity. The East Midlands Radiology Consortium (EMRAD) is Europe’s first GE Health Cloud which will enable all staff across the region’s seven trusts to use the same tools, to process images in the same way and achieve consistent sharing
- GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world’s biggest economies and the most remote communities
- With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world
- We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it
- Together with our customers, we are proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy. We are unleashing limitless energy
- The UK and Ireland’s power and water needs are constantly changing. With about 1600 employees in the UK, GE Power are helping the region prepare for these future needs
- GE power generation equipment drives more than 65% of the UK grid, so two out of three light bulbs, and are active in many of the UK’s most important power infrastructure projects
Find your role in what the world needs
GE is hiring pioneers, problem solvers, dreamers & leaders across the globe. Interns and leadership program participants at GE work to solve real-world challenges.
“Embrace the title intern because, for GE, that means something big is expected of you.” - Jonathan, Intern at GE Power & Water