HR Intern at GE (General Electric)

Bracknell Greater London
Human Resources Recruitment

5.9/10

5.6

4.5

Contracts, recruitment, careers fairs organisation, requisitions, payroll, disciplinary meetings, policies, TUPE, onboarding.

I think the main thing for your placement year is the experience you get. GE provides you the opportunity to work on projects as well as the normal daily tasks.

Really enjoyed working will all my colleagues on site, the people you work with daily do become friends. It is a minority of people but I sometimes found that as an intern, when contacting people that aren't in your department/business, your emails or attempts at contact can fall short and get ignored.

It varies. Managers are very busy and don't have a huge amount of time to guide you as much as needed sometimes. For the most part I feel they are supportive and will put time aside if you request it.

Varies. Sometimes you can be very busy and sometimes you might have more time to work on your casual projects or some university based work. It is mostly a good balance.

GE does allow you to take control of your work. A lot isn't managed, once you are trained on how to use the systems the company allows you to own this process. I would say it's a good amount of responsibility.

I think the confidence that doing a placement allows you to develop will help the most in the future.

Atmosphere in the office is really good. Can have a nice chat to the other interns and GE employees while also working. Everyone talks to everyone, very friendly. We also get to be involved in various activities within the office.

I joined quite late, a laptop wasn't ready for me so I didn't have access for a while.

I was allowed to go on various business trips to increase my experience. I personally didn't take part in much training but this could be down to me not looking into this.

GE has good leadership programs but I don't think they're for me.

Yes, really good environment.

Rent was more expensive than I was used to, all around the £600pm mark. Other costs were normal.

Not much to do, but could travel to near by cities to do stuff.

The interns would organise these.