Product Marketing at BMW Group

Marketing

BMW Group is a Top Employer

7.8/10

9.7

I absolutely loved it as I worked for the company of my dreams in the product department - the products of my dreams.

I felt quite valued, you're not just a number in this company, they really welcome you and treat you as an employee.

My team and senionr managers were really supportive and have helped me develop my skill set, industry knowledge and that's really helped me enjoy my time here even more!

I was quite busy on a daily basis but never too busy. We get the opportunity to work flexible so you can work from home if you prefer doing it this way.

I was running an entire fleet of cars and had many other responsibilities which affected the business as a whole. Additionally, I was given a lot of freedom to make decisions and take ownership of important projects.

I think this has by far been the most valuable year out of my studies. It is really easy to appreciate the help and support this company gives you.

It was great, fun and engaging. I was wokring in a very close-knit team so it was great.

It was quite well organised - there were a few issues with a contract delay before I'd started but overally I think it was good.

It could have been slightly more. I almost went on a driver training in Germany and it was a real shame that they didn't send me at the end. According to the company, the plane tickets were too expensive and did not justify the remaining time I had (about 3-4 months before the placement ended).
I was quite annoyed by this but then my successor is going to attend the driver training next year when he starts at the role so I think the issue was that this was introduced too late in the year.

Very appealing. They don't have a graduate scheme at the moment but there is a student programme where they give a chance to 3 of the 22 placement students to come back to the business after they graduate. It's a hard programme to get on but if you do, they contribute £1,000 towards your univeristy fee and it's quite good in general!

Yeah, most students got along well, went out, enjoyed BBQs etc. I was always busy(outside of work) so had to skip some of these occasions.

It was quite expensive for a student. As I'm international as well, I had to work the year before in order to save money in advance. This can be expected though as the area is fairly close to London(Farnborough).

Farnborough wasn't relaly good but Reading is fairly close and that's where most people go out and have fun.

Yep, quite a few opportunities - from charity events to football games, it was fun.