Marketing Assistant at Experian

Nottingham East Midlands
Advertising Business Analytics E-Business Market Research Marketing

7.8/10

Working in a business to business environment assisting the marketing team with any daily or ongoing campaigns or projects. Including taking ownership of certain projects if necessary.
As well as some aspects of digital marketing and assisting the Digital Marketing Manager with online paid campaigns.

I worked as a Marketing Assistant for 14 months for Experian and I loved the experience. The culture is very friendly and everyone is so approachable. My manager had a hands on approach and ensured that I got a good rotation with doing different jobs for different members of the team as well as different departments. It was very rarely dull and I would recommend it to anyone.

My colleagues were always very thankful and grateful for the work I did for them, and understood that the nature of some tasks were very boring and were always supportive.

Management within my team consistently had one to one meetings with me as well as regular reviews to check in on how things were. I never felt alone and like I couldn't talk to anyone.

Working in a business to business environment, some parts of the year were naturally busier than others. But I rarely have no work to do!

I felt like I was given a lot of trust and responsibility within my placement year, although sometimes daunting, it was always well handed over and guidance given if I needed it. This shouldn't put anyone off, it was a great learning experience!

Having studied marketing at university, working in a business to business environment is completely different to learning about business to consumer in a lecture hall.. This placement year has allowed me to gain so much knowledge and I will remember things I've learnt here forever.

Again, some times were busy some times weren't and this made the atmosphere in the team very different. But everyone was very friendly and close, and we were always up for a chat.

I got contacted initially by email after my application on Milkround for an online test, then got an email about a telephone interview and then I was invited to the assessment day. I never felt like I was in the dark about when I was starting or who to contact etc. However on my first day there was a lot of technical issues with getting me set up on the system - but that wasn't to be helped!

I was allowed to go on training days that I felt that was relevant to me, as long as I cleared it with my management. They were very encouraging of my own development and growth and consistantly asked if I wanted any extra training or assistance.

Although there is no marketing graduate scheme currently, I know they do other ones for accountancy etc. As well as apprenticeship schemes and other entry level jobs for graduates.

Yes - we all work in one building close to the city centre, and we made an effort to meet up regularly and socialise.

Nottingham is a fairly cheap area, depending on where you want to live. House shares are a good option and there is a free bus service from the centre of town to the offices :)

Nottingham is a very student friendly city with two universities, so there are lots of student nights and cheap drinks prices!

Yes plently - if you become a member of the sports and social club then you get regular emails about discounts for sporting events and social events you can join in with :)