Daily duties included the processing of both mandatory and voluntary events from Taiwan during their peak dividend season as well as efficiently and effectively ensuring all upcoming deadlines were met correctly. As well as learning how to do this, I was constantly writing and updating procedures in order to benefit future interns/employees.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Very enjoyable - worked with a great bunch of people that really made me feel part of the team.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Treated as if I was a team member.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Whenever I had an issue I could be sure that the solution would be provided as well as guidance for future scenarios.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Had a significant amount of work on a daily basis that really made the days fly by.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Although 'not running the show' I was regularly speaking to clients and dealing with the FO (front office) on a daily basis.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great atmosphere but always maintained a professional approach throughout.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My learning was clearly timetabled which enabled a natural progression.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A social, financial training, bloomberg training and e-learning
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Would love to work at RBC.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is always going to be expensive in comparison to other parts of the country.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
London - something on every night.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Up to the interns to socialise with each other. Socialised on a weekly basis on average.