1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
my internship at LOreal was really insightful in many ways. I was given so much responsibility and able to really add value.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues always made me feel welcome and asked my opinion on key projects
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
both HR and my manager were very supportive throughout my internship. My manager put in weekly catch ups to help with my development and HR organised a intern training academy which consisted of several different trainings.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
extremely busy! LOreal is a very challenging environment but that pushes you outside your comfort zone which is exactly what i wanted from a job
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I managed several key projects throughout my placement including product launches which included designing gift box sets, educating our beauty advisors through product packs
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
the intern training academy was really useful as it focused on prioritisation, inbox training and really helped me develop in my role so i was more organised.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
it is an extremely fun environment! Everyone loves to go for a coffee for a quick 15 min catch up to talk about business updates or generally find out how that particular brand is doing. It is also super friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
really well organised - we had an induction day at the start of my internship so i got to meet people from the business but also other interns.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
the intern training academy really helped my development but also i have a review form which i had t o follow to meet my objectives within the role
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
i didnt get onto the MT scheme which was disappointing but I know that HR have put me on a pipeline so if any other roles come up, they will contact me.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
HR organised a pre internship social where we could meet old interns and new interns. It was a sports day in Hyde Park! We also have something called Bar 255 which happens at the end of every month. This was great way to socialise with colleagues and fellow interns.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
london is expensive but it was all relative and LOreal offered a good salary to help support me. they also provided me with a loan for my travel. The social scene was fun in Hammersmith, a lot of different pubs and restaurants and a little cheaper than going central!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
lots of pubs which was great as I prefer that to clubs.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
definitely! we had several sport teams, i was a part of the handball team. there was also yoga on a wednesday which was in the head offfice!