1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Very valuable, year well spent.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt extremely valued by my colleagues. Welcomed into both teams, they made my initial integration very smooth and I was continued to be a valued member of the team, with others relying on the work that I was doing,
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Extremely supportive - more than I could have imagined. I was given weekly and bi monthly one of one meetings with all my managers and supervisors and I was also allocated a 'buddy/mentor' for additional support.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days were busier than others but overall I was kept with a stable workload. I enjoyed my workload as I had enough to keep me going but also had some room for flexibility so I could delve into other projects.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was really pleased with the level of responsibility I was given as I felt like I was treated like a full time employee. Once I had earned the trust of my managers, I was given as much responsibility as I wished to take on.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I have developed whilst on placement here have been invaluable and I will be able to transfer them into my degree and personal life and beyond. The most beneficial skills for me have been the technical skills which can only be learnt whilst in practice and also the personal skills which come from being immersed into an office environment.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was very balance. My colleagues knew when it was time to knuckle down and be focused but also knew when it was appropriate to have some fun.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My placement was very well organised and structured. Intel have been offering placements for many years now and it is clear they know what they are doing. The placement scheme is well structured and each intern is well looked after.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Intel offered fantastic training and development opportunities. Managers take time out of their daily roles to invest in employability skills based training sessions only available to the interns.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Intel is very appealing for future employment prospects
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The interns set up sports and social clubs, organise intern holidays and weekly nights out
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The surrounding location is very cheap and there are many bars and restaurants in town for socialising
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Plenty opportunities - intern sports clubs, volunteering within Swindon etc