Support Accountant & Controls Analyst at Intel Corporation

Swindon South West
Accountancy Financial Management

Intel Corporation is a Top Employer

8.4/10

Very valuable, year well spent.

I felt extremely valued by my colleagues. Welcomed into both teams, they made my initial integration very smooth and I was continued to be a valued member of the team, with others relying on the work that I was doing,

Extremely supportive - more than I could have imagined. I was given weekly and bi monthly one of one meetings with all my managers and supervisors and I was also allocated a 'buddy/mentor' for additional support.

Some days were busier than others but overall I was kept with a stable workload. I enjoyed my workload as I had enough to keep me going but also had some room for flexibility so I could delve into other projects.

I was really pleased with the level of responsibility I was given as I felt like I was treated like a full time employee. Once I had earned the trust of my managers, I was given as much responsibility as I wished to take on.

The skills I have developed whilst on placement here have been invaluable and I will be able to transfer them into my degree and personal life and beyond. The most beneficial skills for me have been the technical skills which can only be learnt whilst in practice and also the personal skills which come from being immersed into an office environment.

The atmosphere was very balance. My colleagues knew when it was time to knuckle down and be focused but also knew when it was appropriate to have some fun.

My placement was very well organised and structured. Intel have been offering placements for many years now and it is clear they know what they are doing. The placement scheme is well structured and each intern is well looked after.

Intel offered fantastic training and development opportunities. Managers take time out of their daily roles to invest in employability skills based training sessions only available to the interns.

Intel is very appealing for future employment prospects

The interns set up sports and social clubs, organise intern holidays and weekly nights out

The surrounding location is very cheap and there are many bars and restaurants in town for socialising

Plenty opportunities - intern sports clubs, volunteering within Swindon etc