Designing and creating leaflets, posters, adverts brochures etc, updating some of the UK websites, creating presentations for directors, providing project information for managers and lots of other varying tasks.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I loved my placement in the marketing department as a lot of it involved designing and creating marketing material.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Always felt valued, never felt as if I was just a placement student as i had real responsibilities and my views were listened to and taken on board.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Although there is a lot of free reign when it comes to design work etc, management are always there to help out if I have any issues.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It can vary greatly depending on what projects the marketing department are working on, its mainly pretty busy but there have been a couple of slow periods however there is always something that can be done,
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
This role has a lot of responsibilities, there isn't someone constantly checking up on you, you are trusted to get on with your tasks and are given a lot of freedom when it comes to incorporating your own ideas.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I really want to work in marketing in a similar role after I graduate so for me it was a very beneficial year, I now understand what sort of jobs are available in marketing.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There's a pretty relaxed atmosphere in the office, everyone is really nice and chatty.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised, lots of opportunities and chances to work on things that interest you.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I had a two week handover from the previous student, which was more than enough as I already had a background in photoshop, photography and design work.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There is a graduation which I would consider as it sounds like a great scheme, however I am pretty set on working in marketing, which I am aware has no roles available currently for graduates as it is a small department.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Great social scene as there are so many other placement students, I lived with 5 other girls on placement and there was a boys house too as well as a few that lived near by, we have done things like nights out, rounders in the park, going for meals, bowling, zoo trips, beach trips and so on.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Living cost was cheap compared to back home, everything else was pretty standard.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Great nightlife! lots of clubs with all different types of music, have seen artists like Blonde and Hannah Wants in Switch and then there is Jesters which is a must do!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?