Marketing Co-ordinator at Prysmian Group

Eastleigh South East
Advertising Charity/Non Profit Design Graphic Design Internet/e-Commerce/New Media Marketing Media

8.4/10

7.6

Designing and creating leaflets, posters, adverts brochures etc, updating some of the UK websites, creating presentations for directors, providing project information for managers and lots of other varying tasks.

I loved my placement in the marketing department as a lot of it involved designing and creating marketing material.

Always felt valued, never felt as if I was just a placement student as i had real responsibilities and my views were listened to and taken on board.

Although there is a lot of free reign when it comes to design work etc, management are always there to help out if I have any issues.

It can vary greatly depending on what projects the marketing department are working on, its mainly pretty busy but there have been a couple of slow periods however there is always something that can be done,

This role has a lot of responsibilities, there isn't someone constantly checking up on you, you are trusted to get on with your tasks and are given a lot of freedom when it comes to incorporating your own ideas.

I really want to work in marketing in a similar role after I graduate so for me it was a very beneficial year, I now understand what sort of jobs are available in marketing.

There's a pretty relaxed atmosphere in the office, everyone is really nice and chatty.

Very well organised, lots of opportunities and chances to work on things that interest you.

I had a two week handover from the previous student, which was more than enough as I already had a background in photoshop, photography and design work.

There is a graduation which I would consider as it sounds like a great scheme, however I am pretty set on working in marketing, which I am aware has no roles available currently for graduates as it is a small department.

Great social scene as there are so many other placement students, I lived with 5 other girls on placement and there was a boys house too as well as a few that lived near by, we have done things like nights out, rounders in the park, going for meals, bowling, zoo trips, beach trips and so on.

Living cost was cheap compared to back home, everything else was pretty standard.

Great nightlife! lots of clubs with all different types of music, have seen artists like Blonde and Hannah Wants in Switch and then there is Jesters which is a must do!

Not with work but with the other students yes