1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
the Job was heavily admin based and didn't allow for time out from behind my desk but the office was alright.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
due to having a high work load i felt appreciated, however this was not shown by staff as it was expected rather than appreciated
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
there was a large amount of useful material that helps with the role, plus the other staff will be able to help
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
very busy but with the same stuff, where I was heavily admin based and where there was no options to do much else. this made the job harder
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
more than i should have considering the nature of the role.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
relatively useful, however, compared to how one is taught purchasing vs Prysmians version are very different.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office was actually very good environment with more than friendly staff who all assist you if needed.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
it could have been better, i would have appreciated not sitting behind the same desk doing the same. where my job could have been made much easier and given me more time for something fun and actually interesting if they had not made me process each individual requisition (where the outsourced stores could do consolidated PO's)
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I would say i am now good at SAP but other than that i didn't have much opportunity to really try anything purchasing related (creating contract, negotiating with vendors, looking at cost reductions)
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I understand why some might like to work here, but personally i wouldn't consider it. given my specific department and what was expected of me, but for other departments im sure its great
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
yes, this was one of the best parts of the job, there was lots of good placement staff that i became close too
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
southampton was relatively cheap and being there was a uni near it had some good nights out.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
alright due to the university
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?