Preparation of customer quotations, supporting the commercial team on sales and business analysis, maintaining company website, producing company literature, market research and customer relationships.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement year, it exceeded my expectations and I feel like I have gained valuable skills and knowledge surrounding business and marketing
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt extremely valued by colleagues, being given responsibilities as well as being in a friendly environment
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I never felt like I didn’t have anyone to ask for help, there is a lot of support from all colleagues
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
adequate work each day, I was never bored or had too much work to manage
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Complete responsibility of your job role, trusted to carry out tasks individually
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Carrying out this placement year significantly improved my routine and provided me with experiences that can be applied to Marketing modules I am currently studying. It gives you a deeper understanding of business and the chance to gain first hand experience in future career options
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was very welcoming and friendly, it was very sociable and everyone interacted with each other well and co-operated as team. It was nice to work alongside other placement students too, it was more comforting starting with two other students.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was well organised, the two-week hand over period is so helpful so that you know exactly what you're doing with day to day tasks, marketing projects were organised well through meetings with managers. And trips to customers, exhibitions etc were always well organised too.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
As well as helping me personally develop within the company and the skills my job taught me, my colleagues were also extremely supportive with my University development and any coursework I had to carry out.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would definitely consider working for the company in the future, and would be particularity interested in graduate schemes.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was a great social scene, everyone always made an effort with work nights out for Christmas, Birthday's, leaving do's etc. There is an annual races day in Chester that gives new placement students the opportunity to meet everyone in the office, which is always a well enjoyed day/night out.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living in Wrexham, North Wales is cheap compared to other areas where placement jobs are prominent. Luckily I was able to live at home so my living costs where relatively low, but there is plenty going on in nights out in Wrexham, and Chester is very close and easily accessible and has a better range of bars and restaurants.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There is plenty going on in nights out in Wrexham and bars/clubs are very cheap compared to other towns/cities. Chester is very close and easily accessible and has a nice range of bars and restaurants too.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was some good opportunities, one of which is a 5 a side football match on a Wednesday evening that a lot of people enjoy getting involved in, organised by work. There is also Crossfit a 5 minute drive from the office.