Customer Business Analyst at Intel Corporation

Swindon South West
Business Analytics Business Intelligence Business Management

Intel Corporation is a Top Employer

7.8/10

Working with Intel distributors and aiding them in all aspects of business so at ensure revenue maximisation. This involves collaboration with all internal departments and building a strong relationship with your assigned accounts.

I have greatly enjoyed it. There is a lot you can be involved with, even if it not part of your core role. I have also learned new areas that I did not previously know I would enjoy, for example I am a Logistics rep in addition to my role and have now found that this is an area that I have a lot of confidence and interest.

I felt very valued as interns have just as much responsibility for task completion and contribution to discussions as full-time counterparts. They do a great job of making you fell involved.

The support has been continuous and you have an on-the-job coach that can help you throughout the placement. Also you can ask anyone a question and they will do their best to advise you.

There have been times where we are particularly stretched and I have been required to work exceptionally long hours for weeks at a time. However the business is seasonal and the extremely business periods are not a true reflection of the entire role. I do think the workload balancing needs adjusting.

The responsibility is great because you have complete ownership of the manner in which tasks are completed. You can use your own methods and make necessary adjustments to your day-to-day tasks, meetings, presentations etc. which makes it important that you take pride in your responsibility and complete the necessary work.

The offered training was endless and you can learn many transferable skills, such as presenting, business acumen, building resilience and these will all help with studies.

Very vibrant, friendly environment.

There is a gap whereby those without technological backgrounds will struggle for a long time as you are quickly working in the role without a full understanding of all product offerings.

There were lots of training sessions, and time spent on interns.

I would like to come back as there is a lot of opportunity

I think the social aspect needs improving, it is very broad at the start but then becomes repetitive.

It was very affordable.

It's not great in Swindon but it is what you make of it.

Plenty of additional activities are offered, football, cooking, karting and lots more.