Working with Intel distributors and aiding them in all aspects of business so at ensure revenue maximisation. This involves collaboration with all internal departments and building a strong relationship with your assigned accounts.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have greatly enjoyed it. There is a lot you can be involved with, even if it not part of your core role. I have also learned new areas that I did not previously know I would enjoy, for example I am a Logistics rep in addition to my role and have now found that this is an area that I have a lot of confidence and interest.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued as interns have just as much responsibility for task completion and contribution to discussions as full-time counterparts. They do a great job of making you fell involved.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The support has been continuous and you have an on-the-job coach that can help you throughout the placement. Also you can ask anyone a question and they will do their best to advise you.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There have been times where we are particularly stretched and I have been required to work exceptionally long hours for weeks at a time. However the business is seasonal and the extremely business periods are not a true reflection of the entire role. I do think the workload balancing needs adjusting.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The responsibility is great because you have complete ownership of the manner in which tasks are completed. You can use your own methods and make necessary adjustments to your day-to-day tasks, meetings, presentations etc. which makes it important that you take pride in your responsibility and complete the necessary work.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The offered training was endless and you can learn many transferable skills, such as presenting, business acumen, building resilience and these will all help with studies.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very vibrant, friendly environment.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
There is a gap whereby those without technological backgrounds will struggle for a long time as you are quickly working in the role without a full understanding of all product offerings.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were lots of training sessions, and time spent on interns.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would like to come back as there is a lot of opportunity
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I think the social aspect needs improving, it is very broad at the start but then becomes repetitive.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It was very affordable.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It's not great in Swindon but it is what you make of it.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Plenty of additional activities are offered, football, cooking, karting and lots more.